SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2012

From:
"Eve V. E. Kovacs" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eve V. E. Kovacs
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2012 18:04:00 -0500
I have 2 sendmail questions:

1) By default, sendmail makes root an "EXPOSED USER", which means that it
is exempted from masquerading. Does anyone know how to override this? The
solutions posted on the internet don't seem to apply for SL5 and SL6.

2) Does anyone know how to enforce a default user domain for unqualified
OUTGOING email addresses? The default is to send unqualified names to
[log in to unmask] I would like to change this to be name@domain (ie
suppress the hostname). I have tried defining LOCAL_RELAY to be our domain
name (which is aliased to our mail server), but that didn't work.

Thanks
Eve
Eve Kovacs
Argonne National Laboratory,