SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2012

From:
Steven Timm <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steven Timm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2012 09:29:20 -0500
You have 2 problems, at least.
One--yes, qemu-kvm doesn't exist for 32-bit because
32-bit isn't supported for KVM.
Second--you can't launch any KVM guest within another virtual machine.
You can only have one level deep of KVM virtualization.

With a 64-bit virtual kvm host, you should at least be able
to test the features of the virtual machine manager that would
allow you to talk to remote libvirts and xend's.

Steve Timm

On Sat, 12 May 2012, Stavros Filippidis wrote:

> Dear SL users,
>
> I have installed an instance of SL6.2 i386 (the "Software Development"
> flavor) as a guest in order to test it. I have given 2GB RAM and 128MB
> VRAM+3D_acceleration to this guest. The problem is that although I get
> Virtual Machine Manager installed, I am not able to use it because it
> needs qemu-kvm package, which cannot be found! Could the problem be
> that I use the 32bit (i386) version of SL6.2?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Stavros

Steven C. Timm, Ph.D  (630) 840-8525
[log in to unmask]  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Grid Facilities Department, FermiGrid Services Group, Group Leader.
Lead of FermiCloud project.