SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2012

From:
Christopher Tooley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Christopher Tooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2012 12:33:20 -0700
Hello All,

I've been requested to whitelist websites for a local user here, apparently the internet is extremely distracting for work, save for certain sites - has anyone done something like this before? I know I could put IPs and website addresses in /etc/hosts, but I don't want to have to fix the hosts file whenever IPs change.

This will be entirely for one computer.

The only thing I can think of is to have a cron script that will periodically update the /etc/hosts file with the correct IPs and addresses - any other suggestions?

Thanks,
-Chris