SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2012

Date:
Fri, 11 May 2012 02:27:43 +0900
Before I go looking deeper into this...

Back when SL6 was first released, and I believe through 6.1 a simple
"yum install wine" (mostly) did the install trick. Some things were
missing if you needed more in-depth font or language support, but
nothing was generally broken on 64-bit/multiarch wine.

I noticed some interesting dependencies with wine.x86_64 that pull in
multiarch binaries -- which is normal, I think -- but break wine now.

Something feels to be either redundant (and calling the wrong arch lib
or executable) or missing a security permission somewhere. Installing
just 32-bit binaries works fine. Installing the wine.x86_64 set breaks
thing in interesting ways -- as in, its not totally dead, just mostly dead.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? My Wine-fu is too weak to diagnose
this and I don't want to spend time digging if its not a worthwhile problem.

-z