SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2012

Date:
Tue, 8 May 2012 13:24:17 +0100
On 08.05.2012 11:28, Advrk Aplmrkt wrote:
> On 8 May 2012 04:13, Nux! <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> On 07.05.2012 22:31, Advrk Aplmrkt wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I've installed the packages per your website's instructions in
>>> Scientific Linux 6.3, but no LibreOffice items appeared in my
>>> application menu, and I can't seem to start it from the command
>>> line
>>> either.
>>>
>>> I checked the LibreOffice packages in the Gnome package manager,
>>> but
>>> there are hundreds of items, many of which are checked. I can't
>>> even
>>> tell if the correct ones are installed.
>>>
>>> Can you help me troubleshoot the issue? Thanks!
>>
>> Please open a terminal and issue the following command:
>> rpm -qa|egrep 'libreoffice|libobasis'
>> and paste me the result.
> Hello,
>
> I've pasted my results here:
>
> http://snipurl.com/23f1q3u
>
> Hope it helps! Thanks.

Hi,

You seem to be missing some core files for the en_US version which you
need, the following should fix it:
yum install libreoffice.org

After this you should have a functional office suite and menu entries.
I will update my packages to make sure this kind of stuff doesn't happen
again (i.e. missing the main core files).

Nux!
www.nux.ro