SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2012

Date:
Sat, 5 May 2012 06:26:10 -0400
On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 4:48 PM, zxq9 <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>> [root@services sysconfig]# vim nfs
>>> MOUNTD_NFS_V1="no"
>>> MOUNTD_NFS_V2="no"
>>> MOUNTD_NFS_V3="no"
>>
>> I'm not sure whether this is still the case but you used to need a
>> "yes" for one of these because nfsv4 needs mountd to export mounts
>> even though mounted isn't used for mounting an export and doesn't need
>> to be allowed through the firewall.
>
> Fortunately this is no longer the case -- NFSv4 is much more
> self-contained/simpler than previous versions and a lot of this is due to
> simplification of the formerly bizaar mountd baggage it used to carry.

You're right, thanks. Although with the config file below, mountd no
longer starts but showmount no longer works... Unless there's an
alternative to "showmount -d" and showmount -e", disabling the mountd
daemon isn't worth the price.

(By the way, on 6.2 - and perhaps earlier 6s - 'MOUNTD_NFS_V1="no"'
isn't necessary.)

# cat /etc/sysconfig/nfs
RPCNFSDARGS="-N 2 -N 3"
LOCKD_TCPPORT=4001