SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2012

From:
Zoran Ovcin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Zoran Ovcin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2012 10:53:23 +0200
Well, I tried reading more thoroughly The AWS Customer Agreement.

> 5.1. Service Fees. We calculate and bill fees and charges monthly. We may bill you more frequently for fees accrued if we suspect that your account is fraudulent or at risk of non-payment. You will pay us the applicable fees and charges for use of the Service Offerings as described on the AWS Site using one of the payment methods we support. All amounts payable under this Agreement will be made without setoff or counterclaim, and without any deduction or withholding. Fees and charges for any new Service or new feature of a Service will be effective when we post updated fees and charges on the AWS Site unless we expressly state otherwise in a notice. We may increase or add new fees and charges for any existing Services by giving you at least 30 days’ advance notice. We may charge you interest at the rate of 1.5% per month (or the highest rate permitted by law, if less) on all late payments.

I am afraid that when I apply for AWS, give my credit card details and
forget to stop using services, or AWS notifies by posting on the AWS
Site, then I should pay for something new, or something overseen?

What happens if I do not follow posts on the AWS Site?

I am interested in AWS, but do not want to make contract that I will
later be sorry for.

Why isn't 'free' simply free?

If I pay 'as I go', why don't give credit card details and make payments
'as I go'?

Zoran