SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2012

Date:
Fri, 4 May 2012 00:14:19 +0900
On 05/04/2012 12:01 AM, Stavros Filippidis wrote:
> I use Scientific Linux 6.2 with my laptop Acer Aspire 3003LMi and
> suspend-resume does not work for me! Laptop seems to suspend ok, but
> when resuming, the monitor displays either black screen or green lines
> that move on a black screen, the caps lock does not change the
> respective led, and sometimes a led is blinking!
>
> Could you advice me with steps for troubleshooting this?

This is very often related to graphics driver problems and the way they
(don't) work well with X.

For someone to help you out you'll need to let everyone know:
1. What graphics chipset does your laptop have?
2. What drivers are you using (the ones that came with SL6.2, homespun
or proprietary)
3. What desktop environment are you using?
4. Do you have graphic accelerated screensavers running as part of the
wait-idle-suspend cycle?
5. Do you have screen locking enabled from blank screen or suspend?
6. Is you computer suspending or hibernating?

With that information someone will probably stand a decent chance of
helping you out -- even if its just to say "hopeless; turn off
suspension/sleep".