SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2012

From:
Florian Philipp <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Florian Philipp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2012 00:10:17 +0200
Am 30.05.2012 23:52, schrieb Frederic Monestel:
> Could someone please provide with a simple and efficient way to install
> S.L from a USB stick?
>
> I have had so many problems with this, tried so many methods and failed
> so often... I have also wasted so so much time on this... :o(
> Please I need a linux/SL guru to shed some light on this!
> 1) I tried with dd, it alomost never works...
> 2) the livecd-iso-to-disk method works ok but I cannot start my box
> without the usb stick...
>
> Any link and thorough explanation on how iso to USB work is more than
> welcome!
>
> Thank you for your help and keep up the good work!
>
> Freddie

Try unetbootin [1]. It is point'n'click and definitely works. If it
doesn't, come back and ask.

Also, can you please elaborate what you mean by "I cannot start my box
without the usb stick..."? You mean after using the stick to install to
disk? Can you describe the error?

[1] http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

Regards,
Florian Philipp