SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2012

From:
Henrique Junior <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Henrique Junior <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2012 23:01:07 -0300
Em Dom, 2012-05-20 às 10:19 +0900, zxq9 escreveu:
> On 05/20/2012 03:39 AM, Henrique Junior wrote:
> > I'm getting this errors when I try to sync my repos:
>
> Can you be a little more specific about "sync my repos"?
> You mean "yum update" or something along the lines of
> "rsync [fiddles] ftp.scientificlinux.org/<path>"?

Hi, thank you for your response. With 'sync' I mean a regular yum
update.

> Anyway, I just re-ran a sync and a yum update from a test network and
> can't find any db corruption problem. I am syncing from
> ftp.jaist.ac.jp/pub/Linux/scientific/6x and distributing updates from a
> local repository server.
>
> Are you still having this problem or has it been resolved? The worst I
> can think is that the db was screwy for some reason and its been fixed
> since. Every time the repo db is updated it gets overwritten so the
> "Metadata file does not match cheksum" problem, if it is still happening
> for you, should clear itself shortly. As for the resolution issues for
> ftpX servers, I don't know anything about that. I sync from servers much
> closer to me than the SL ones (see above) so I don't know what the
> situation is over there.

I do believe the same. I've asked because, maybe, the guys at SL needs a
little heads up to this problem. Anyway I've posted this question here
because I don't want to bother people at the devel list without knowing
if this problem is in my end or if it is a real issue with SL repos.

--
Henrique de C. Silva Junior
Embaixador do Projeto Fedora