SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

May 2012

Date:
Sun, 20 May 2012 10:08:14 +0900
On 05/20/2012 03:41 AM, Raimo Koski wrote:

> The repository should have an additional updateinfo.xml file which
> should contain some information from RHSA announcements. Also the
> repomd.xml must be updated to
> include name and checksum for updateinfo.xml I once wrote scripts that
> handled all of that automatically. First the initial filling of the
> security data and then
> handling of email of specially created email account to receive only
> RHSA announcements, extract from those the needed fields, and add to
> updateinfo. I don't know how
> well those would work with 6.x as the scripts were done about two years
> ago for 5.x.
>
> Apparently SL repo doesn't have updateinfo.xml.

I'm not as familiar with the inner workings of yum as I should be , but
I'm really curious about your 5x script. (Specifically, I know a good
bit about core yum, but I'm oblivious to the way some of the more common
extensions work.) I don't run 5x, but I'm interested to see how you
handled the problem. Could you post them, or if they are really long
point me at them somehow? I'm always interested in new ways to automate
tedious things away and thoroughly enjoy reading other folks' solutions.