SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2012

From:
Devin Bougie <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Devin Bougie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2012 19:21:44 +0000
Hi z,

Thank you for your followup.  Unfortunately we have this problem regardless of whether a valid xorg.conf exists on the remote system, or whether the X server is started on the remote system.

We have verified this problem using both the latest nvidia driver from elrepo and the latest driver from nvidia.com.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  One workaround would be to install the nvidia driver on all systems regardless of what their graphics card is, but I'm somewhat reluctant to proliferate proprietary drivers where they shouldn't be needed.  This certainly wasn't needed with SL5.

It would also be helpful to know if anyone else with a mixed nvidia / non-nvidia environment can reproduce this proble

Thanks again,
Devin