SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2012

Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2012 01:08:02 +0900
On 04/03/2012 11:52 PM, Mike wrote:
> Hi,
> I follow this discussion http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/creating-soft-link-or-
> symbolic-link/ and able to create a softlink in my Directory, but it did not
> appear on my web browser.

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by this, because we don't know if your
vhost document root is within /var/www or not (this can make a
difference based on SELinux settings).

If that is the case, you need to give an Options directive to Apache in
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf like this:

<Directory "/path/to/vhost/document/root">
   Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>

Put that in your VirtualServer settings. The "Indexes" one means "show
index listings of directories that do not have an 'index.html' or (other
key file) in them" and the "FollowSymLinks" says to treat symbolic
filesystem links as real links.

Hope this makes sense.

-z