SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2012

From:
Lamar Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lamar Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2012 10:52:00 -0400
On Friday, April 06, 2012 10:16:45 AM you wrote:
>         Can someone explain what the problem is here? I really don't
>         care about creating a live Linux on a flash drive, just want to
>         install without burning a DVD but nothing I have tried so far
>         has met with success. I am open to suggestions.

There is a set of instructions on doing a USB stick install on the CentOS Wiki; SL and CentOS are similar enough that those same instructions should work ok.  I've done multiple USB stick installs this way.

Also, you may want to not use the 'Everything' disc but the 'Install' disc set instead.

I went as far as creating a 'Dual Layer' ISO from the two Install DVD ISO's (of CentOS, not SL, but the same principle would apply) and used that.  You do need an 8GB stick to use that media, though.

If there's interest, I can post the links to the wiki article and to what I did to make DL ISO's (it's in the CentOS list archive if you want to search).