SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2012

Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2012 13:43:11 -0500
TUV needs an option in kickstart to turn off NM for designated cards.  Btw, NM_CONTROLLED="no" in ifcfg-eth0 is not sufficient.  When you do this, I lose DNS as well since apparently, NetworkManager usurps dhcp-client's role in this.  When I chkconfig NetworkManager off, everything works.

So I now have that in my kickstart script for my desktops.

Is Enterprise Linux mostly installed on laptops?  I would have thought that desktops still make a large fraction of its deployment.  In fact I would almost bet on it since Linux is still not trouble-free when it comes to installing on laptops.  In which case, it seems like a really bad idea to foist the NetworkManager on people.