SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2012

From:
Niels_Walet <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Niels_Walet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2012 02:11:43 -0500
When moving my virtual machines (libvirt/qemu-kvm) from one server to
another (from amd to intel hardware), I seem to have suddenly hit the
time-out issues that have been discussed in many places (the dreaded
"blocked more than 120s" message), after which the systems both become
totally unresponsive). Since the time-out involves the filesystem, I can
only take screenshots, which I attach; nothing appears in the syslog.

I have updated the virtual machines from SL 5.5 to 5.7; with some change but
similar crashes; I added a few boot parameters (having to do with idle=),
with no change at all.

Does anyone have any suggestion what I could try to further diagnose this
problem, or maybe even a solution?

Niels Walet