SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

April 2012

From:
Oleg Sadov <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Oleg Sadov <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2012 20:08:49 +0400
Hi Peter, as a first step you must clearly understand what do you want
-- a package compilation, respining, or a full rebuilding of distro --
these are very different tasks.

Some useful info about package building, distro site/respin creation may
be found in archives of this mail-list and mail-list archives of some
other similar projects, for ex.:

http://listserv.fnal.gov/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind1201&L=scientific-linux-devel&D=0&T=0&P=3355
http://lists.ascendos.org/pipermail/ascendos-dev/2012-March/000474.html

Apropos, yet another toolkit for package & distro building now is being
developed for NPP (Russian National Program Platform) program -- ABF
(Automatic Build Farm). This project is in a beta stage now. ABF will
look like a Github, Launchpad and OBS hybrid and will have build modules
for different Linux platforms, such as Ubuntu, Suse, Mandriva and, of
course, NauLinux (russian flavor of SL).

Some information about ABF may be found at wiki (unfortunately only on
Russian now):

 http://wiki.rosalab.ru/ru/index.php/%D0%9A%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%8F:%D0%A1%D0%B1%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BE%D1%87%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%8F_%D1%81%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B4%D0%B0_ABF

Best regards