SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

March 2012

From:
Dmitry Butskoy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dmitry Butskoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2012 20:34:20 +0400
Dmitry Butskoy wrote:
> Pat Riehecky wrote:
>>
>> We are just running rpm --addsign

New updates form "fastbugs" still have this issue.

Does anybody working on it or at least planning to work? How can I help?

"rpm -K" is something about "security", and any inaccuracy in it looks
too strange...

Note again, that I cannot reproduce such "rpm --addsign" behaviour under
the latest SL-6.2 with all updates installed.

> I've performed some tests, playing with my own gpg-key, and I cannot
> reproduce your behaviour. :(
>
> (All tests are under the currrent SL-6.2 x86_64 system).
>
> Each time I do "rpm --addsign", the old sign is always removed (for
> TUV-signed only, broken twice-signed or not signed at all packages).
> Then, "rpm -K" shows "OK", with only my new gpg (just signed) key.
>
> Could you please perform the similar tests somewhere? I wonder how you
> produce such a signed file(s) in your environment. Such results IMO
> should never happen.

Regards,
Dmitry Butskoy