SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

March 2012

From:
Pat Riehecky <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pat Riehecky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2012 14:45:24 -0500
The requested testing is ONLY for SL 5.7 and not other versions of SL.

Hello,

With the new firefox (firefox-10.*) the default location of the
bookmarks has changed.  This means people who launch firefox for the
first time get the bookmarks from upstream.  This is not preferred.  The
deployment of the SL bookmarks happens in sl-release, which helps the
system identify its version.  We have a new version of sl-release for
5.7 posted in testing.  I have versions for each other release on hand
should this update perform as expected.

I would ask that some SL 5.7 users update sl-release with the package
from the sl-testing repository.
I would ask that non-SL 5.7 systems DO NOT INSTALL THIS UPDATE.  It can
put your system into a state where it says it is SL 5.7 when it is not
which can create lots of confusion.

SL 5.7 users are asked to do the following:

yum --enablerepo=sl-testing update sl-release

Please run your system for a bit as normal and report back on the state
of firefox, its bookmarks, and that lsb_release reports back exactly as
before the update.

Just for maximum clarity: The requested testing is ONLY for SL 5.7 and
not for other versions of SL.

Thank you for your assistance,

Pat

--