SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

March 2012

Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2012 03:52:36 +0900
On 03/31/2012 03:07 AM, Jones, Bill wrote:
> Will OpenVPN for Cisco compatibility be available (I guess if RHEL
> actually has it?)
>
> [root@jaguars ~]# yum install NetworkManager-vpnc NetworkManager-pptp
> NetworkManager-openvpn
>
> Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit, security
>
> Setting up Install Process
>
> No package NetworkManager-vpnc available.
>
> No package NetworkManager-pptp available.
>
> No package NetworkManager-openvpn available.
>
> Error: Nothing to do
>
> I had it working under SL6.1 64-Bits but it was so long ago I do not
> remember all the steps/hoops I had to go thru so I just want to ask
> directly.

NetworkManager-openvpn, pptp and vpnc are from the EPEL repo, not from
TUV or SL. So install that repo and you'll be cooking with gas.

As far as setup, I can't help you with what you forgot... but the
packages are there.

And for compatibility and functionality, the big difference I've noticed
from 6.1 to 6.2 is that more things work correctly with less rebuilding
than they did with 6.1 -- particularly when it comes to networking and
authentication subsystems (KDE has also been a much smoother experience
since 6.2, which is nice).

-z