SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2012

From:
"Alec T. Habig" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alec T. Habig
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 2012 15:07:44 -0600
Nico Kadel-Garcia writes:

> This is where you get in trouble. "We want all the new stuff, except
> the undefined stuff that doesn't work".

Heh :)

More concretely - "whatever it was we had up until yesterday"

The specific details of the breakage were omitted to increase the S/N on
the mailing list, and if I could compare old and new builds I'd be able
to make a much more detailed bug report to TUV anyway.

> The ghostscript-7.07-33.11.el4 from 2009 is available under the the SL
> 4.8 distributations at your nearest Scientific Linux mirror.

Great, thanks!  Didn't think that a newer sub-version wouldn't have
gotten the same fix as 4.4, but I'm not complaining and thank you for
pointing this out.

> You can also grab the SRPMS's and take a look at which patch broke
> things, if you have the time.

I was planning on doing this.  Been spoiled by Fedora development under
Koji, where grabbing most any build (even ones which never made it to
the mirrors) is really useful for nailing down regressions like this.

--
 	    Alec Habig, University of Minnesota Duluth Physics Dept.
		       http://neutrino.d.umn.edu/~habig/