SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2012

From:
"Alec T. Habig" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alec T. Habig
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 2012 14:20:41 -0600
Hi folks,

So we've got a fairly large nest of machines running SL4.  Yes, we know
they're EOL'd, but we're not upgrading OS's on machines actively taking
data and on a non-routable subnet: we'll do it this summer during the
accelerator shutdown instead.

Yesterday ghostscript was updated by yum, and the new version's broken
for our application (turning root created postscript into jpgs and pdfs
for online monitoring jobs).

Unfortunately, SL4's ancient version of yum doesn't know about
"downgrade", and the SL4 update repo doesn't appear to keep previous
versions of rpms around so we can manually back out.

So, I was wondering if anyone had the pre-yesterday version of this rpm
around?

  ghostscript-7.07-33.13.el4

was pushed to the repo yesterday, which breaks our application.

I found a completely un-updated version from centos, and downgrading to
it fixes our problem:

  ghostscript-7.07-33.el4

but I'm hoping for something newer which gets all the update goodness
except yesterday's breakage.

	    thanks,
	    Alec

--
 	    Alec Habig, University of Minnesota Duluth Physics Dept.
		       http://neutrino.d.umn.edu/~habig/