SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2012

From:
Geoffroy Turtaut <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Geoffroy Turtaut <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Feb 2012 01:32:53 -0600
Hi,

If you add RD_NO_PLYMOUTH kernel boot option, you will be able to enter
single user password.

Regards,

Geoffroy

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 07:59:10 -0800, Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>On 01/30/2012 11:28 PM, Sergio Ballestrero wrote:
>> On 30 Jan 2012, at 23:39, Yasha Karant wrote:
>>> Upon boot, automatic fsck failed, and a request was posted for root
password.  However, no more than one character of the password would be
accepted, causing an endless loop to this condition and not allowing me
control of the system (run fsck manually).

>> For the next time (because there's always one ;-) ), you can use
>> init=/bin/bash
>> as a boot option, it will completely skip the standard init and therefore
the root password request.

>> It's anyway interesting that you could not login as root. What do you
have in nsswitch and pam.d/system-auth ?