SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2012

From:
Anne Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anne Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 2012 11:46:50 +0000
My SL box is the main data repository for my home network.  I have a dual-boot
netbook, from which Fedora can connect to the SL box, but Windows 7 can't.  In
the past, on CentOS, I had a mapped drive to 192.168.0.40/Data1 - my username
and password are identical on the two installations.

When I try to connect to SL from Win 7 I'm told that the login failed due to
unknown user name or bad password.  It looks as though it may be passing
NETBOOK\anne as the username so I tried "use another account" and simply gave
"anne" and my password, but with the same result.

I spend most of my time in Fedora, so I'm not too familiar with Windows.
Could anyone help me identify and fix the problem, as this connection is
absolutely necessary for me.

Thanks

Anne