SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2012

From:
Connie Sieh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Connie Sieh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Feb 2012 15:24:40 -0600
On Wed, 29 Feb 2012, Eric Wu wrote:

> Apologies if this has already been answered.  I checked the archives,
> but could have missed something.
>
> I was looking for the "build" directory in SL6.  This directory was
> present in SL5.
>
> Specifically, I am looking for the build/scripts/build.hdlist.sh command
> which was run
> every time you added/removed an RPM from the  repository.
>
> I am not necessarily looking to roll my own DVD.
>

> Is this done differently in SL6?

Yes.  We use a product called "revisor" to do the "compose" of SL 6.

The basis of the build/scripts/build.hdlist.sh is to run "createrepo" on
the directory tree which contains the "RPMSs".  Depending where you want
the "repodata" directory determines where you "start" createrepo from.
For the SL 6 tree something like
ARCH=x86_64
DISTOTREE=/somedistrodir/$ARCH/os
echo " Starting createrepo in $DISTOTREE"
cd $DISTOTREE
#The repodata/  and Packages/ directories should be in PWD
createrepo -g repodata/comps-sl6-$ARCH.xml .

-Connie Sieh