SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2012

From:
James M Pulver <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James M Pulver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Feb 2012 19:47:43 +0000
We've got a Brother MFC-j5910 which is working great networked via the brother LPD and CUPS driver, except if you want to print 11x17 / Tabloid. The printer for some reason doesn't support that, and instead supports the less common 17x11 / Ledger format. If I use a program that allows you to set a CUSTOM paper size of 17x11, it prints as expected (well, not really, I have to still change to landscape when it should be portrait for that size configuration)... The issue I have is, on Windows computers using the standard CUPS drivers shared over SAMBA, I can't select a custom paper size (and most users on Linux expect to use Tabloid, not a custom paper size)...

Any ideas what I should do here? CUPS is on a SL5 server.

--
James Pulver
LEPP Computer Group