SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-ERRATA Archives

February 2012

SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-ERRATA@LISTSERV.FNAL.GOV

From:
Pat Riehecky <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pat Riehecky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Feb 2012 09:29:36 -0600
In accordance with our Upstream Vendor's Errata Support Policy, the
regular life-cycle of Scientific Linux 4 will end today, the last day
of February 2012.

After today's date, The Upstream Vendor will discontinue their regular
update services.  We must follow them in this matter.  Therefore, new
bug fix, enhancement, and security errata updates will no longer be
available for Scientific Linux 4 after the End of Life date.  They will
not be providing updates and so we cannot provide them.

Anyone still running production workloads on Scientific Linux 4 should
be aware that after today no updates of any kind will be published.
Because of this, we hope everyone has completed their migration to
Scientific Linux 5 or Scientific Linux 6 by now.

The existing Scientific Linux 4 directories will be archived in April
2012.  People wishing to obtain a personal archive of Scientific
Linux 4 can do so during that window.

Again, this is a reminder of the end of life for Scientific Linux 4.

- Scientific Linux Development Team