SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-ERRATA Archives

February 2012

SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-ERRATA@LISTSERV.FNAL.GOV

From:
Pat Riehecky <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pat Riehecky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 2012 08:20:51 -0600
In accordance with our Upstream Vendor's Errata Support Policy, the
regular life-cycle of Scientific Linux 4 will end in February 2012.

After this date, The Upstream Vendor will discontinue the regular update
services.  We must follow them in this matter.  Therefore, new bug fix,
enhancement, and security errata updates will no longer be available for
Scientific Linux 4 after the End of Life date.  They will not be
providing updates and so we cannot provide them.

Anyone still running production workloads on Scientific Linux 4 are
advised to begin upgrading to Scientific Linux 5 or 6.  Upstream
recommends a reinstall and not an upgrade.  Please be advised that we
also believe that a clean reinstall is the preferred method for moving
from Scientific Linux 4 to a newer version.

We will continue to provide updates as they become available to us for
Scientific Linux 4 for the remaining few weeks.

Again, this is a reminder of the coming end of life for Scientific
Linux 4 at the end of February 2012.

- Scientific Linux Development Team