SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

February 2012

From:
Pat Riehecky <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pat Riehecky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 2012 14:43:02 -0600
On 02/16/2012 02:26 PM, Christoph Galuschka wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as I just ran into it I thought the idea of a little update to
> https://www.scientificlinux.org/documentation/howto/upgrade.6x might be
> handy:
> It says:
> yum --releasever=6x update sl-release
> Note: 6x can be replaced with whatever version you wish to go to, such as
> 6.2
> So I tried "--releasever=62". No need to mention it didn't work :( So I
> looked at the download site and found "--releasever=6.2" works fine :)
> So maybe change the line to
> yum --releasever=6.x update sl-release
> Note: 6.x can be replaced with whatever version you wish to go to, such as
> 6.2
> Just my 2 cents
>
> all the best and great work on 6.2
> cheers
> Christoph

Glad you are enjoying 6.2!

I've modified the webpage based on your feedback.  Does it look less
likely to confuse anyone in the future?  We have an actual '6x'
directory that works so I've provided a second example so that users can
simply paste in the bold text, or follow the pattern of the secondary
fixed with text.

Pat

--
Pat Riehecky