SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2012

From:
Kevin Street <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin Street <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jan 2012 16:04:36 -0500
On 01/14/2012 01:25 PM, Yasha Karant wrote:
> At present, the only means I have found to force SL 6.x to display the
> actual steps during the boot of SL 6.x is to hit the ESC key; otherwise,
> only a time changing indicator appears, but no actual information.
> However, even so displaying, I have still have the issue below.

I see the question you asked has been answered already, but...

It may be easier to wait until after the boot and look in
/var/log/boot.log or at the output of dmesg to see if one of those
captures the messages that you're trying to read. If not, then you're
probably stuck with trying to read the stuff as it zips past.

--
Kevin