SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2012

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jan 2012 10:25:43 -0800
At present, the only means I have found to force SL 6.x to display the
actual steps during the boot of SL 6.x is to hit the ESC key; otherwise,
only a time changing indicator appears, but no actual information.
However, even so displaying, I have still have the issue below.

The font SL 6.x uses is too small on some platforms.  What controls this
font size:  a configuration file in SL, a setting in either the BIOS or
the bootloader (e.g. grub) -- both of which have relinquished control to
SL at this stage of the boot -- or something else, perhaps hard compiled
that cannot be changed without recompilation?

I fully understand that this may be set to be identical to TUV and other
EL clones.  I do not care.  Just as ELRepo or SL additions provide
(some) functionalities beyond those of TUV, I would like to modify this.

Yasha Karant