SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2012

From:
Steven Haigh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steven Haigh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jan 2012 01:40:28 +1100
On 8/01/2012 1:37 AM, Ilya A. Otyutskiy wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 6:31 PM, Steven Haigh<[log in to unmask]>  wrote:
>> To be honest, I'm not sure if I'm using a beta or what...
>>
>> The ISO I downloaded was from:
>> http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/scientific/6/x86_64/iso/
>>
>> I downloaded SL-61-x86_64-2011-11-09-Install-DVD.iso then installed
>> yum-conf-sl6x. The stock repos enabled in sl.repo point to 6rolling.
>
> Oh. That means that you are using the beta version.
>
>> Interestingly enough though, changing from 6x to 6rolling and trying a
>> distribution-syncronisation shows only a handful of packages to change.
>
> That's strange. You said before that you are on rolling release, and
> now you are trying to change your repos from 6x to 6rolling. :)
> Anyways, as I can see it, you need to point your repos to 6x (or 6.1),
> by installing yum-conf-sl6x for example (it states in its description
> that it will point everything to the last stable release which is 6.1
> now, but I've never tried that package.) and do the  `yum
> distro-sync'.

Woah! That is certainly not what I want. I must have screwed up and
downloaded the wrong ISO. I've just made sure only the 6x repos are
enabled and I'm in the middle of a dist-sync now.

Also now I've got to start hunting around and see how many other systems
I installed with that ISO! :|

--
Steven Haigh

Email: [log in to unmask]