SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2012

From:
Stephen Isard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephen Isard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2012 14:56:09 -0500
I have a test SL 6.1 system on an old thinkpad x31 laptop using the
ELRepo kernel-ml-NONPAE produced by Alan Bartlett.  I got there in a
roundabout way, starting from the netinstall instructions at
http://scientificlinuxforum.org/index.php?showtopic=621 and then
upgrading to 6.1 and replacing the old nonpae kernel with the ELRepo
kernel-ml-NONPAE.

I'd like to produce an installation disk for SL6 with the ELRepo kernel
for installing on other, slightly less old but still nonpae, hardware.
I've installed revisor, but can't find a way of convincing it to accept
the ELRepo package as a kernel.  I get an error message "No Package
Matching kernel.  This is a required package."  This is in spite of
includepkg=kernel-ml-NONPAE
in the elrepo-kernel section of my config file and
kernelpkgnames=kernel-ml-NONPAE
both there and in the main section.  I've also replaced "kernel" by
"kernel-ml-NONPAE" in the kickstart file and "kernel-headers" and
"kernel-firmware" by their "kernel-ml" counterparts.

Google turns up a couple of other people with similar problems, but no
solutions offered.

Any guidance?

Stephen Isard