SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2012

From:
Larry Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 2012 15:42:32 -0500
We have Eagle 5.11 running on SL 5.7 and it works great.
The new Eagle 6.0 was developed on Suse 12.  To get this new release
operational I need to add the following libs.   Are there Redhat libs that
are equivalent?  Most of these libs are present in 5.7 but an older version.
Adding these to a production system looks like a real unknow and results in an
un-maintable system.   Not to mention a broken one and maybe a start over
problem.

libpng14.so.14			Redhat developer refused to implement this and moved on to 15
libssl.so.1.0.0
libcrypto.so.1.0.0
libjpeg.so.8

A version of SL 6.1 was loaded on a development system - we will try to see if
it runs without lib issues.

Thoughts!

Thank You
Larry Linder