SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2012

From:
SCHAER Frederic <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
SCHAER Frederic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jan 2012 15:00:07 +0000
Hi,

Thanks for the replies, I'll look at the statistics module (but I think I already tried and it wasn't there either) - actually, I'm
not coming from any iptables version, I just read the manual available on the machines and attempted to use what's in that manual...
Clusterip is in fact present, but using it will require more work because of our node management system which might not be very
flexible, it's why I was looking for more basic modules ;)

Also, I find it strange that the balance module wouldn't be in the sources but that the iptables command would allow to "use" it ?

I forgot to say I tried to test using an ip range with the DNAT target : the manual says that if working, this would be the
equivalent of a simple round robin... but in fact, my tests showed that this just takes the first IP of the range, the others (I
tried 2 IP) are never used... too bad too.

Regards