SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

January 2012

From:
Pat Riehecky <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pat Riehecky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jan 2012 08:34:04 -0600
Thanks for the info, but I will confess I find this surprising.

The openldap packages made available yesterday are from SL6.1.  They
were published for everyone as a result of the ipa security advisory.
IPA required a newer openldap than was available for SL6.0, but did not
require the latest it seemed that this version, which has been in SL6.1
since its release, was the safest.

When it was originally built, it was built against the older kerberos
libraries as they were the newest available at the
time, but if upstream kept their promise to keep a stable api it should
still work as expected.

Is it possible for you to test the openldap from 6.2 (in 6rolling
http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6rolling/x86_64/os/repoview/letter_o.group.html)
and see if the problem persists.

Name        : openldap                     Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 2.4.23                            Vendor: Scientific Linux
Release     : 15.el6                        Build Date: Wed 25 May 2011
12:04:01 PM CDT
Install Date: (not installed)               Build Host: spacewalk.fnal.gov
Group       : System Environment/Daemons    Source RPM:
openldap-2.4.23-15.el6.src.rpm
Size        : 771714                           License: OpenLDAP
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Wed 25 May 2011 02:21:58 PM CDT, Key ID
b0b4183f192a7d7d
Packager    : Scientific Linux
URL         : http://www.openldap.org/
Summary     : LDAP support libraries
Description :
OpenLDAP is an open source suite of LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access
Protocol) applications and development tools. LDAP is a set of
protocols for accessing directory services (usually phone book style
information, but other information is possible) over the Internet,
similar to the way DNS (Domain Name System) information is propagated
over the Internet. The openldap package contains configuration files,
libraries, and documentation for OpenLDAP.

Name        : openldap                     Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 2.4.23                            Vendor: Scientific Linux
Release     : 15.el6                        Build Date: Wed 25 May 2011
12:03:51 PM CDT
Install Date: (not installed)               Build Host: sl6.fnal.gov
Group       : System Environment/Daemons    Source RPM:
openldap-2.4.23-15.el6.src.rpm
Size        : 765934                           License: OpenLDAP
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Wed 25 May 2011 02:22:01 PM CDT, Key ID
b0b4183f192a7d7d
Packager    : Scientific Linux
URL         : http://www.openldap.org/
Summary     : LDAP support libraries
Description :
OpenLDAP is an open source suite of LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access
Protocol) applications and development tools. LDAP is a set of
protocols for accessing directory services (usually phone book style
information, but other information is possible) over the Internet,
similar to the way DNS (Domain Name System) information is propagated
over the Internet. The openldap package contains configuration files,
libraries, and documentation for OpenLDAP.

Name        : openldap-clients             Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 2.4.23                            Vendor: Scientific Linux
Release     : 15.el6                        Build Date: Wed 25 May 2011
12:03:51 PM CDT
Install Date: (not installed)               Build Host: sl6.fnal.gov
Group       : Applications/Internet         Source RPM:
openldap-2.4.23-15.el6.src.rpm
Size        : 608763                           License: OpenLDAP
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Wed 25 May 2011 02:22:01 PM CDT, Key ID
b0b4183f192a7d7d
Packager    : Scientific Linux
URL         : http://www.openldap.org/
Summary     : LDAP client utilities
Description :
OpenLDAP is an open-source suite of LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access
Protocol) applications and development tools. LDAP is a set of
protocols for accessing directory services (usually phone book style
information, but other information is possible) over the Internet,
similar to the way DNS (Domain Name System) information is propagated
over the Internet. The openldap-clients package contains the client
programs needed for accessing and modifying OpenLDAP directories.

Name        : openldap-devel               Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 2.4.23                            Vendor: Scientific Linux
Release     : 15.el6                        Build Date: Wed 25 May 2011
12:04:01 PM CDT
Install Date: (not installed)               Build Host: spacewalk.fnal.gov
Group       : Development/Libraries         Source RPM:
openldap-2.4.23-15.el6.src.rpm
Size        : 5046515                          License: OpenLDAP
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Wed 25 May 2011 02:21:59 PM CDT, Key ID
b0b4183f192a7d7d
Packager    : Scientific Linux
URL         : http://www.openldap.org/
Summary     : LDAP development libraries and header files
Description :
The openldap-devel package includes the development libraries and
header files needed for compiling applications that use LDAP
(Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) internals. LDAP is a set of
protocols for enabling directory services over the Internet. Install
this package only if you plan to develop or will need to compile
customized LDAP clients.

Name        : openldap-devel               Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 2.4.23                            Vendor: Scientific Linux
Release     : 15.el6                        Build Date: Wed 25 May 2011
12:03:51 PM CDT
Install Date: (not installed)               Build Host: sl6.fnal.gov
Group       : Development/Libraries         Source RPM:
openldap-2.4.23-15.el6.src.rpm
Size        : 5286745                          License: OpenLDAP
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Wed 25 May 2011 02:22:01 PM CDT, Key ID
b0b4183f192a7d7d
Packager    : Scientific Linux
URL         : http://www.openldap.org/
Summary     : LDAP development libraries and header files
Description :
The openldap-devel package includes the development libraries and
header files needed for compiling applications that use LDAP
(Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) internals. LDAP is a set of
protocols for enabling directory services over the Internet. Install
this package only if you plan to develop or will need to compile
customized LDAP clients.

Name        : openldap-servers             Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 2.4.23                            Vendor: Scientific Linux
Release     : 15.el6                        Build Date: Wed 25 May 2011
12:03:51 PM CDT
Install Date: (not installed)               Build Host: sl6.fnal.gov
Group       : System Environment/Daemons    Source RPM:
openldap-2.4.23-15.el6.src.rpm
Size        : 4541382                          License: OpenLDAP
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Wed 25 May 2011 02:22:02 PM CDT, Key ID
b0b4183f192a7d7d
Packager    : Scientific Linux
URL         : http://www.openldap.org/
Summary     : LDAP server
Description :
OpenLDAP is an open-source suite of LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access
Protocol) applications and development tools. LDAP is a set of
protocols for accessing directory services (usually phone book style
information, but other information is possible) over the Internet,
similar to the way DNS (Domain Name System) information is propagated
over the Internet. This package contains the slapd server and related files.

Name        : openldap-servers-sql         Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 2.4.23                            Vendor: Scientific Linux
Release     : 15.el6                        Build Date: Wed 25 May 2011
12:03:51 PM CDT
Install Date: (not installed)               Build Host: sl6.fnal.gov
Group       : System Environment/Daemons    Source RPM:
openldap-2.4.23-15.el6.src.rpm
Size        : 289119                           License: OpenLDAP
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Wed 25 May 2011 02:22:02 PM CDT, Key ID
b0b4183f192a7d7d
Packager    : Scientific Linux
URL         : http://www.openldap.org/
Summary     : SQL support module for OpenLDAP server
Description :
OpenLDAP is an open-source suite of LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access
Protocol) applications and development tools. LDAP is a set of
protocols for accessing directory services (usually phone book style
information, but other information is possible) over the Internet,
similar to the way DNS (Domain Name System) information is propagated
over the Internet. This package contains a loadable module which the
slapd server can use to read data from an RDBMS.

--
Pat Riehecky
Scientific Linux Developer