SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

January 2012

From:
Michael Tiernan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 2012 14:46:56 -0500
On 1/19/12 2:38 PM, chinamusic wrote:
> Building rpms from the srpms is easy and well documented.

Thanks but he wants to build "our" SL RPMs.

After some more back-and-forth with him, I understand the question
better: (Not that I like it much better.)

If someone wanted to rebuild an existing RPM (the one that was used in
the example was "perl") *exactly* the same way it is done for the
current SL release process, how would it be done?

The objective being, *if* they needed to, how could they reproduce an
existing RPM release using the SRPMS including all the same
configuration arguments?

I'll phrase it this way, if someone wanted to set up their own building
environment for SL, where's it documented?

I'm sure I've seen it before but I can't find it.