SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

November 2011

From:
Connie Sieh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Connie Sieh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Nov 2011 10:06:54 -0600
On Tue, 15 Nov 2011, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> Hi SL developers,
>
> I'm currently recompiling all packages of SL 6.1 for an embedded box
> which has a Geode LX and cannot handle all i686 instructions. It works
> out ok - had to apply tweaks for some of them, like deinstalling
> texlive for linuxdoc-tools, but a few packages just won't compile.
> Python, for example, needs a manual fix because of one failing
> "import syslog".
>
> I'm sure you had the same situation. Are the build scripts employed by
> the SL maintainers also public? I'd really like to get my hands on them
> to get rid of those pesky last few dozens of packages I just can't
> compile.

What problems do you still have?

Note that we build using koji which uses mock to build "custom chroot"
build areas.  This ensures that "extra" libraries are not pulled into a
build.  There were fixed by hand so the build scripts have nothing to do
with that.

Most of the problem rpms were fixed either with a change to the spec file
which creates a updated src rpm which should be in the SRPMS area or via
"special" selection of compile distro which was Fedora 13/14 in some
cases.  This was also done manually.

> Thanks for your great work and any help appreciated,
> Torsten

-connie sieh