SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

October 2011

Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 2011 11:05:40 +0200
Hi,

When I do a kickstart install of SL 6.1 it fails, while exactly the
same install (same kickstart file, same hardware) succeeded about
one week ago (I don't know the exact date anymore).

The installer stops with: "An unhandled exception has occurred.
This is most likely a bug.  Please save a copy of the detailed
exception and file a bug report.".  This is after creating all
filesystems and after (or during) retrieving repo info.

Because the cursor stays "rolling", I can't click on anything.
I can only look at other VT's and I can only see the last 24 lines
of the Python traceback.  The top line is about "doSackSetup" in
yuminstall.py, so I suspect a problem with a repo.

Besides the SL 6.1 x86_64 DVD (locally, NFS-mounted) I use these
repos (I also used EPEL, but I excluded it now and the problem
still occurs):

repo --name=sl-release --baseurl=http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6.1/x86_64/os/
repo --name=sl-updates --baseurl=http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6.1/x86_64/updates/security/

Any known problems related to this?