SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2011

Date:
Fri, 9 Sep 2011 11:46:56 -0400
On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 7:39 AM, mad <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>> Set up a local mirror. Use *that* as the URL for your installation:
>> the packages are GPG signed and thus authenticated, which helps
>
> I do exactly that. That is the reason why I am so confused. Why is the
> SL6 installation trying to contact an outside repository when the
> installation repository is inside the company network?

Anaconda tries to download a file from an SL security repository. It's
come up on the list recently in the context of a kickstart install.

I don't know whether this is an SL change or whether this is an
Anaconda change between 6.0 and 6.1 because Centos 6.0 doesn't have
this issue (I no longer have an SL 6.0 DVD and there isn't a CentOS
6.1 DVD yet, so I can't compare like to like).