SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2011

From:
William Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
William Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Sep 2011 10:36:28 +1000
On 7 September 2011 07:36, Orion Poplawski <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> 389-ds-base-* was moved into RHEL6 main channel, but not the other packages.
> Has to do with TUV's product lineup.

From fedora faq...

"We cannot support 6.0 - too many missing dependencies. With RHEL6.1,
since the 389-ds-base package is provided by the base OS, we cannot
provide them via EPEL, hence the use of the private developer repo at
fedorapeople.org. The other "problem" with EL6 is that the 389-ds-base
package is not the full package - it is missing the replication and
windows sync bits. The replication and winsync features are available
from a separate channel - Enterprise Identity Replication - in a
package called ds-replication. It is also available to Red Hat
Directory Server customers. The 389-ds-base package from
fedorapeople.org does have all the replication bits, and we will
continue to provide fully-functional open-source binaries for
Fedora/EPEL. "