SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2011

From:
Stephan Wiesand <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephan Wiesand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Sep 2011 18:38:00 +0200
On Sep 26, 2011, at 05:41 , Todd And Margo Chester wrote:

> On 09/25/2011 11:20 AM, Stephan Wiesand wrote:
>> while trying it (securely) with an SL6
> Thank you!
>
> You have mentioned "Securely".  By this are you trying to
> operate "Spice" across two physical  machines?

I'm currently not using it at all. But back then, yes, I was running the spice client on a different system than the one hosting the VM, tunneling the spice connection through an ssh one. IIRC, the simple setup in my notes made the connection unencrypted and unauthenticated... and it took me while to even find the information, plus some trial and error, to get it up and running like that.

Maybe someone will now send a pointer to a "Desktop Virtualization with KVM & SPICE HOWTO" I simply missed ?

--
Stephan Wiesand
DESY -DV-