SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2011

From:
Stephan Wiesand <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephan Wiesand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 2011 14:23:23 +0200
On Sep 23, 2011, at 13:10 , carlopmart wrote:

> On 09/23/2011 12:54 PM, Stephan Wiesand wrote:
>> On Sep 23, 2011, at 11:17, carlopmart wrote:
>>
>>> Due to a certain app requeriments, I need to share an iscsi lun between two sl5.x and five sl6.x servers. This lun is formatted with ext4 fileysytem (I have used one of the sl5.x servers to do this).
>>
>> You mean you want to mount the filesystem on both servers at the same time?
>
> No. Only one of these servers mounts this filesystem.

So by "sharing" you mean mounting it on any of the servers, but never on more than one at a time? I'd expect this to work (but I admittedly don't know for sure) as long as it's really never ever mounted more than once. I think ext4 has no multiple mount protection. Any mistake may cause irreparable damage to the filesystem.

Sharing it using NFS is certainly the safer option.

--
Stephan Wiesand
DESY -DV-