SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2011

From:
Vladimir Mosgalin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vladimir Mosgalin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Sep 2011 03:04:10 +0400
Hi William Shu!

 On 2011.09.20 at 15:34:50 -0700, William Shu wrote next:

> Yes, I did create the fdi file, see below. (I also copied the file from /usr/share/hal/policy/99-synaptics.fdi  to /usr/share/hal/policy/20thirdparty/99-ssynaptics.fdi and renamed originals to *.save)
>

> Your inititial solution seems the best .
>
> Dumb question: how is it enabled for synclient?

input.x11_options.SHMConfig = on does that trick, which is done in your
config file.

synclient/syndaemon configuring doesn't work at all, still?

If you can't get syndaemon to turn off touchpad while typing, I don't
really know what to suggest; still, you might find one of other
solutions from last mail acceptable (binding to some key launch of
"touchpad on/off" script which uses xinput or gconftool, whichever
works)..

Btw, out of curiousity, did you check if fdi catched by system/works?
Like, try putting some obvious option there from synaptic(4) manpage to
check if it has effect.

--

Vladimir