SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2011

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2011 07:49:19 -0700
udev under EL 5.7 is still posting diagnostics during boot-up (this
first emerged several 5.x previous).  I have read the man page for udev,
and have done a cat -v * | less as well as a cat -v */* | less in
/var/log as root but have not found what is displayed on the screen
during boot nor other udev diagnostics.

pcsd is one of the udev applications that is flagged during boot-up .
There was a notice from TUV (on one of the bug lists, as I recall) about
this general issue claiming it to be a harmless issue and thus not
fixed.  EL 6 does not display this behavior.

Where does udev log such diagnostics?

Where are the udev configuration files that can be edited to attempt to
correct the issue?

Yasha Karant