SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2011

From:
Keith Lofstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 14 Sep 2011 10:24:38 -0700
I am experimenting with bluetooth with SL5.4 (yes, I know it is
not the latest) and having trouble locating relevant tutorials,
documentation, etc. on the web.  Most linux bluetooth info is
missing, out of date, KDE/debian/ubuntu centric, etc.

Bluetooth may "just work" if the hardware is right.  But a list
of currently available and linux compatable USB bluetooth dongles
is also missing.  For example, the iogear GBU421 I just bought
has a different USB ID than that claimed to work on one of the
linux USB device lists.

Any suggestions for RHEL/SL/CentOS 5 linux bluetooth docs,
tutorials, interpretation of error messages, etc?  When I've
read the relevant information, I can start asking proper questions.

Keith

PS: And no, I'm not going to upgrade SL until I have a month
to do so.  I use too many fragile apps that are broken by
upgrades and dependency conflicts, and fixing them takes time.
If I wanted to spend my life upgrading distros instead of
doing something productive, I would run Fedora.

--
Keith Lofstrom          [log in to unmask]         Voice (503)-520-1993