SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2011

From:
Kevin Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Sep 2011 22:00:52 -0500
You are correct that when you install the kmod-nvidia package, it
automatically disables nouveau and blacklists it for you, but I didn't
know there was a new nvidia xorg.conf file created.  After I installed
the kmod-nvidia package again, I restarted and modified the kernel
arguements to include the intel.disable=1 arguement, but the result was
the same....eventually the screen flickered a few times and it stopped
booting, although I could still open a terminal via alt+F2.  I'm not
sure what to try next. Someone requested some command output from me in
a different email, which I provided, but I'm lost now.  I didn't think
it would be this difficult.

Kevin