SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

August 2011

From:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Aug 2011 18:14:45 +0100
On Wed, 24 Aug 2011, Troy Dawson wrote:

> Hi,
> I have loved all the years that I have been a developer and architect for
> Scientific Linux, but it is time for me to move on.  I have accepted a job
> offer from Red Hat to work on their new openshift project.
> ( https://www.redhat.com/openshift/ )
> My last day working for Fermilab, and on the Scientific Linux project will be
> September 2, 2011.
>
> Thank you to everyone who has encouraged, thanked, and helped me over
> the past 8 years that I have worked on Scientific Linux.  I have said it
>  before, and I'll say it now, The Scientific Linux community is one of the
>  best communities there is.
>
> Troy

Best wishes in your new post.  I hope you enjoy it.

I'd like to thank you and *all* the SL developers you the amazing job that
you have all done over the past few years.  My work would have been much
harder without the incredible efforts from the SL team.

I'm now hoping that RH don't steal all the other SL developers too!

  -- Jon

| "Computers are different from telephones.  Computers do not ring." |
|       -- A. Tanenbaum, "Computer Networks", p. 32                  |
| Jon Peatfield, _Computer_ Officer, DAMTP,  University of Cambridge |
| Mail:  [log in to unmask]     Web:  http://www.damtp.cam.ac.uk/ |