SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2011

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jul 2011 09:58:50 -0500
> I've been trying to use the Revisor to create a new spin/ISO for my
> company, but it kept having an error.  I traced the error to the fact
> that it wasn't downloading the anaconda RPMs.
>
> The workaround is to manually specify the anaconda packages during the
> spin definition, either in the kickstart or by revising the kickstart.
>
> What I'd like to know is why is this necessary, and can it be fixed so
> that I don't have to specify it?
>

> JBB

How are you selected your various packages?  Do you have a kickstart
file will your list of packages and groups?  Or are you manually
selecting packages at the graphical screen where you can select them?

We already have some predone kickstarts for several cases.  (Minimal,
Everything, what TUV has on their DVD's, groups).  I recommend using a
kickstart if you want to be able to reproduce your iso.

But, I do understand, that if you are creating an install CD/DVD, you
would think that revisor would automatically pick anaconda, or even make
it so that you have to have anaconda.  Otherwise you would never have an
install CD/DVD, only a bunch of packages.

Anyway, how are you selecting your packages?  It makes it easier for me
to know if it's fixed or not if I am able to follow the steps you took.

Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/SCF/FEF/SLSMS Group