SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2011

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jul 2011 09:42:34 -0500
On 07/10/2011 03:25 PM, Jonathan Bayer wrote:
> On 7/10/11 4:54 AM, Urs Beyerle wrote:
>>> Trying to make a 64 bit Live iso of SL 6, it just hangs halfway through.
>>>
>>> Has anyone really used the revisor on SL?
>>>

>> SL LiveCDs are not build with revisor. They are directly build with
>> livecd-tools, see
>> http://www.livecd.ethz.ch/build.html
>>
>> "it just hangs halfway" is not really meaningful. Any error messages,
>> logs, ...?
>>
> That's the odd thing; there is no message, either on the screen or in
> any of the log files.
>
> here are the last few messages in the revisor.log:
>
> The directories Revisor uses in /srv/revisor/sl6-i386 already exist.
> This could possibly hold data from a previous run. Please remove or move
> them to a safe location, then confirm to continue. If you do not move or
> remove the files, Revisor will simply delete them.
> You have not selected any of the basic repositories. Please make sure
> that one of 'fedora', 'core', 'base' or 'development', or an equivalent
> repository has been configured
>

> It is acting as if it is waiting for input, or for a return code.  The
> last messages on screen are:
>
> Creating DVD IDO Images - Pending...
>
> and under the Task progress:
>
> Linking in release notes
>
> The task progress bar is full, the total progress bar is about 3/4 of
> the way across.

It sounds like you don't have any files or groups selected.
Did you select any on the screen where you select them?

I always use the text version of revisor.  It makes it much easier to
consistently build an image.

As for "Does anyone use the revisor on SL?"
Yes, that's how the non-live images are made.

Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/SCF/FEF/SLSMS Group